During this 10 day detox I eliminated all alcohol, caffeine, sugars, grains and dairy. I also had only a handful of fruits and only in the morning in a breakfast shake. It may sound daunting but if you have weight problems and medical and health issues, a lot of it comes down to what you are eating.
I know many people are thinking if you eliminate all that than what's left? Meats/proteins, healthy fats, vegetables (except potatoes, corn and sweet potatoes), and nuts. Red meat was limited to 1 meal in the 10 days. Pork was not an option. Lots of chicken, turkey and fish. Eggs are also a good protein.
My results after the 10 days are very good and I am very happy. Happy enough to want to keep following this plan. I lost 6 pounds in 10 days. I lost 2 inches from my waist. My blood pressure, although not really high, still dropped over the 10 days. I didn't measure blood sugar because that is not a problem I have. I am sleeping better most nights. I have more energy and feel better overall. Most IBS symptoms have disappeared or lessened greatly.
The pros of this diet for me:
1. Great results in weight and health aspects
2. Some really good recipes
3. Some flexibility with recipes
4. The option to not follow the recipes and cook what you want (as long as following the guidelines)
5. Plans provided to follow after the 10 days are up.
6. Variety of plans based on needs and wants
7. Stresses drinking water and exercise
8. The detox bath (I enjoyed this one)
9. The idea of limiting social media and tv time, especially in the evening
The cons of this diet for me:
1. Very restrictive so can be difficult
2. Some people will feel pretty ill the first few days while coming off all the caffeine, sugar, and junk food.
3. Some recipes in book have misprints so need to be careful when following.
4. Recipes have no pictures
5. The pushing of taking vitamins and supplements, especially the fiber supplement
6. Daily reflections and questions are not for me.
7. Not having leftovers for lunches, therefore having to prepare lunch and dinner daily
8. Teeth felt grimy, had to brush my teeth often daily
I plan to continue on although tonight, day 11, I am breaking 1 rule. I am going to a friend's party tonight and I will be having a drink or two :) but I plan to follow the food today (even though I will now be including some pork in my diet).